Dr. Winmilawe is available for conference, non-profit, media, school, library, museum, college, corporate, or bookstore presentations. She is also available for large group conversations, lectures and classes.
Guidelines for Arranging Presentations:
1. For adult audiences we must predetermine your topic of interest. Dr. Winmilawe speaks on topics relating to:
Yoruba, Orisa, Natural Living, Holistic Health, Traditional Healing, Spirituality, Women, Motherhood, Family, African History, American History, Children's Literature, Writing, and more!
2. For children's audiences we must predetermined your book selections. These presentations can include an overview, book readings, Q&A, lessons, Yoruba songs, and audience participation.
3. We must agree upon the date, number, and length of presentation(s).
4. We must agree upon the honorarium. Please make your offer with your initial contact. An honorarium excludes travel costs if outside of the Columbia, SC area, and travel must be paid in advance.
5. Book sales or book mentions in lieu of paying an honorarium is typically for charity, media, or festivals (especially if your adult audience is historically large). For schools, book sales must be in advance and meet minimum sale numbers, (see "Buy a Book, Book an Author Fundraiser" program).
6. Please provide insight on how your organization will announce the event to the appropriate audiences in advance.
*Please reference the above criteria when crafting your contact form as best as possible.
CONSULTATIONS and CLASSES
Dr. Winmilawe is also available for individual or small group consultations and classes.
Dr. Winmilawe provides informational consultations on her several areas of expertise, including topics relating to: Yoruba, Orisa, Natural Living, Holistic Health, Traditional Healing, Spirituality, Women, Motherhood, Family, African History, American History, Children's Literature, Writing, and more! (Children’s book writers read this before contacting her: SCBWI FAQ).
Consultations are usually by phone.
Classes for small or large groups can be arranged. For potential class subjects please see above. For arrangement requirements please look left.
In the comment section of your contact form include your interests in 3-4 sentences.
Click here to learn more information and details about spiritual consultations.