Dr. Winmilawe is available for conference, non-profit, media, school, library, museum, college, corporate, or bookstore presentations. She is also available for large group conversations, lectures and classes.
Guidelines for Arranging Presentations:
1. For adult audiences we must predetermine your topic of interest. Dr. Winmilawe speaks on topics relating to:
Yoruba/Orisa, Natural-Holistic-Traditional Health, Spirituality, Women, Mother-Child-Family, African History, African-American History, writing or life!
2. For children's audiences we must predetermined your book selections. These presentations can include an overview, book readings, Q&A, lessons, Yoruba songs, and audience participation.
3. We must agree upon the date, number, and length of presentation(s).
4. We must agree upon the speaker's fee. Please offer your fee with your initial contact. This fee excludes travel costs if outside of the Columbia, SC area, and travel must be paid in advance. (For rate suggestions see the "appearances" menu here.)
5. Book sales or book mentions in lieu of a speaker's fee is typically for charity, media, or festivals (especially if your adult audience is historically large). For schools, book sales must be in advance, usually via the "Buy a Book, Book an Author Fundraiser" program.
6. Please provide insight on how your organization will announce the event to the appropriate audiences in advance.
*Please reference the above criteria when crafting your contact form as best as possible.
Dr. Winmilawe is also available for individual or small group consultations and classes.
Dr. Winmilawe provides informational consultations on her several areas of expertise, including topics relating to: Yoruba/Orisa, Natural-Holistic-Traditional Health, Spirituality, Women, Mother-Child-Family, African History, African-American History, life, and writing (children’s book writers read this before contacting her: SCBWI FAQ).
"Classes" for individuals or small groups are informal and fall under this category. Consultations are usually by phone. For large classes please look left.
In the comment section of your contact form include your interests in 3-4 sentences.
Cost: $35 (per half hour.)
Click here to learn more information and details about spiritual consultations.
For services rendered the payment options are here.